Amanda-Users

Nothing gets dumped to my vtape

2005-11-27 16:25:59
Subject: Nothing gets dumped to my vtape
From: mindfuq AT verizon DOT net
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 16:14:50 -0700
I created a configuration in a folder named "sandbox", which should
simply backup my .emacs file in my user area.

Running "amdump sandbox" runs for a minute or so, then returns to the
prompt with no output messages.  /media/amandatapes/data contains some
files such as:

  00000-SandBox1
  00000.SandBox1
  00001-TAPEEND
  00001.TAPEEND

A couple of the files simply contain something like: "AMANDA: TAPESTART
DATE 20051127 TAPE SandBox1", but there is no data backed up.  Am I
looking in the wrong place, or did an unreported error occur?

Another clue.. when I run "amcheck sandbox" the errors are gone, but I
get a warning:

  AMANDA backup client hosts check
  Warning: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
  Client check: 1 host checked in 30.051 seconds, 1 problem found