Amanda-Users

Re: IO probs

2005-11-03 19:43:15
Subject: Re: IO probs
From: Glenn English <ghe AT slsware DOT com>
To: sgw AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 17:30:40 -0700
On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 09:08 +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:

> What permissions does the AMANDA-user have on the problematic DLE?
> Maybe the AMANDA-user is not allowed to traverse that DLE, make sure
> that amanda belongs to a group allowed to do that. Also check the
> permissions of the directory above the DLE.

This is what I don't understand. backup, the amanda user on Debian,
doesn't have permission to do anything in almost all of the DLE's, but
they get backed up.

And amcheck says none of the directories are accessible, but amdump gets
some of them. *Some*. It was suggested that there might be some garbage
leftover in /var/lock, so I went looking in /tmp/amanda. Thousands of
files, but nothing that looked interesting, lock-wise.

I looked at the selfcheck debug file on the client. All it says is
"permission denied."

> You mentioned that this DLE is a mounted disk? Check the
> mount-parameters for any options related to groups and users.

Don't think so:
/dev/hda2       /home/jerry/ote ext3    defaults        0       2

> If you get "permission denied" you still have a permission-problem ;)

I know. I know. Something somewhere has decided that, but I can't figure
out what or why. This is what's making me crazy :-)

--
Glenn English
ghe AT slsware DOT com