Amanda-Users

Re: Estimate Disable/tweak patch?

2005-10-20 14:35:39
Subject: Re: Estimate Disable/tweak patch?
From: Michael Loftis <mloftis AT wgops DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:15:04 -0600

--On October 20, 2005 1:40:00 PM -0400 Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 11:13:55AM -0600, Michael Loftis enlightened us:
There was someone who had posted here or to hackers an AMANDA estimate
disabler tweak or patch.  I was wondering where this is.

Since 2.4.5b1 there are a couple of options for estimates in your
dumptype:

This sounds exactly like what I need.... Do you know if 2.4.5 server and clients can be intermixed with 2.4.4p3 (thereabouts) clients? I have a bunch of machines being backed up that it will take a long time to get a new version out to, but I need this badly for my mailserver and main fileserver if it indeed will speed things up. Right now the systems all wait for several hrs for the mail server, and the fileserver takes over two hrs too. Lots of files, lots of data.

* new 'estimate' dumptype option to select estimate type:
    CLIENT: estimate by the dumping program.
    CALCSIZE: estimate by the calcsize program, a lot faster but less
acurate.     SERVER: estimate based on statistic from previous run, take
second but             can be wrong on the estimate size.

I use CALCSIZE on my slow clients.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak