Amanda-Users

Re: Estimate Disable/tweak patch?

2005-10-20 13:50:14
Subject: Re: Estimate Disable/tweak patch?
From: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:40:00 -0400
On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 11:13:55AM -0600, Michael Loftis enlightened us:
> There was someone who had posted here or to hackers an AMANDA estimate
> disabler tweak or patch.  I was wondering where this is.

Since 2.4.5b1 there are a couple of options for estimates in your dumptype:

* new 'estimate' dumptype option to select estimate type:
    CLIENT: estimate by the dumping program.
    CALCSIZE: estimate by the calcsize program, a lot faster but less acurate.
    SERVER: estimate based on statistic from previous run, take second but
            can be wrong on the estimate size.

I use CALCSIZE on my slow clients.

Matt

--