Amanda-Users

Re: Configuration for Windows PC client

2005-10-10 15:02:29
Subject: Re: Configuration for Windows PC client
From: Chris Jones <chris-jones AT zen.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:36:10 +0100
Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:

> Well, you need several ports opened for smb/cifs-connections, but
> if you can connect from the commandline, this should also work from
> within AMANDA. Go and have a closer look at your debugfiles,
> usually in /tmp/amanda. You should find the command AMANDA
> generates, by "grep smbclient" or similar. Maybe this helps ...
>
> Stefan

I have run a test amcheck against one of my windoze boxes, generating
the following log (actually in /var/log/amanda):-

selfcheck: debug 1 pid 11168 ruid 33 euid 33: start at Mon Oct 10
19:11:52 2005
/usr/lib/amanda/selfcheck: version 2.4.5
selfcheck: time 0.000: checking disk //gandalf/gandalfc
selfcheck: time 0.000: spawning /usr/bin/smbclient in pipeline
selfcheck: argument list: smbclient \\gandalf\gandalfc -U chris -E -W
GANDALF -c quit
selfcheck: time 0.038: samba access error: //gandalf/gandalfc: Error
connecting to 192.168.0.2 (Permission denied): Connection to gandalf
failed: returned 1
selfcheck: time 0.038: pid 11168 finish time Mon Oct 10 19:11:52 2005

Snow Day -- stay home.
It's a mistake to think that a directory has to be a directory.

    - Linus Torvalds on linux-kernel

--
mailto:linux AT stow-jones.co DOT uk
Never promise more than you can perform.