Amanda-Users

Re: Configuration for Windows PC client

2005-10-09 13:24:39
Subject: Re: Configuration for Windows PC client
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: Chris Jones <chris-jones AT zen.co DOT uk>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 18:58:11 +0200
Chris Jones wrote:

> Agreed.  I get the following:-
> -bash-3.00$ smbclient -U chris \\\\gandalf\\DocSetts
> Password:
> Domain=[GANDALF] OS=[Windows 5.0] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]
> smb: \> exit
> -bash-3.00$
>
> In amandapass, should the workgroup entry be the same as the Workgroup
> name used for Windows networking or the one shown in the smbclient
> response above?

As you were able to connect without specifying the dorkgroup/domain I
would simply leave that entry empty for testing.

> I am still getting the same response when I run amcheck.
>
> Could this be something to do with SELinux?

Basically, yes ...

> I did have a problem until
> yesterday with this preventing Samba from providing connections.
> Having opened this up yesterday, I still got the amcheck (and amdump)
> errors when trying to get amanda to connect to my Windoze box.

Well, you need several ports opened for smb/cifs-connections, but if you
can connect from the commandline, this should also work from within
AMANDA. Go and have a closer look at your debugfiles, usually in
/tmp/amanda. You should find the command AMANDA generates, by "grep
smbclient" or similar. Maybe this helps ...

Stefan