Amanda-Users

RE: This is retarded.

2005-08-30 17:27:02
Subject: RE: This is retarded.
From: "Rebecca Pakish Crum" <rebecca AT unterlaw DOT com>
To: "Joe Rhett" <jrhett AT meer DOT net>, "Cam" <cameron.matheson AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 16:08:07 -0500
> > On 8/30/05, Joe Rhett <jrhett AT meer DOT net> wrote:
> >> tracking ability, but let's use 3 tapes and write not a
> single byte
> >> to them?
>
> On Aug 30, 2005, at 1:18 PM, Cam wrote:
> >  What's retarded? your configuration? you really didn't give enough
> > information for anyone to help you.
>
> We've been running in this configuration for 5+ years now.  The
> configuration works.  Yes, I could supply the configuration but it
> really doesn't change anything.  Amanda should not use 3 tapes and
> write 0 bytes to them, no matter what the configuration is.

Joe, I find your response retarded, if we're going to name-call like
we're 5. You don't go to the doctor and say "My body has worked for 34
years, and now all of a sudden, this bad thing is happening..." and not
give the doctor any more information than that.

My experience with computers and/or software is that anything that can
happen will.

And my experience with this forum is that we don't answer questions
without all of the information. I'm not sure what you expect us to do to
help you when you're not telling us anything.

With what you've supplied, I'm saying it's hardware. Does that help you?
Didn't think so.

Rebecca.