Amanda-Users

Re: This is retarded.

2005-08-30 17:14:19
Subject: Re: This is retarded.
From: Michael Loftis <mloftis AT wgops DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:01:04 -0600

--On August 30, 2005 2:36:45 PM -0600 Graeme Humphries <graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com> wrote:

This looks like a hardware error with your tape drive more than an amanda
problem, at least to me.

Could be, or could be AMANDA's still poor behavior when a DLE exceeds the capacity of a single tape, and the tapetype is just a bit long for the tapes or maybe as someone I think hypothesized that taper ignores the tapelen and just writes to EOT, and only planner really uses the tapelen? I'm not sure, haven't tested that myself and didn't get a chance to read the rest of that thread... :S

Graeme

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler