Amanda-Users

Re: amanda timeouts and weirdness solved!

2005-08-24 13:17:11
Subject: Re: amanda timeouts and weirdness solved!
From: Graeme Humphries <graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com>
To: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:02:47 -0600
Frank Smith wrote:

I don't think Amanda checks all your mounts.  However, many filesystem
operations 'stat' their way up the directory structure to /, and if
you mount things directly in / (such as /remotedir) instead of down
a level (/mnt/remotedir) many of those ops will hang if that mount
is hung. Not sure if this even applies in your situation, it's just something I've observed with hung NFS mounts in /.
This particular case was mounted under /tmp/somedir, and amanda's set to backup / on that box, so that could be it.

Amanda does do a df of a couple of places (indexdir and tmp perhaps?)
but I doubt those would hang unless they happened to be on your hung
mount.
Doesn't df always scan all the mounted filesystems? Or can you restrict it?

Graeme