Amanda-Users

amanda timeouts and weirdness solved!

2005-08-24 12:20:11
Subject: amanda timeouts and weirdness solved!
From: Graeme Humphries <graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com>
To: "Amanda (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 10:11:04 -0600
So, you guys may recall I was having problems with amcheck and amdump taking ridiculously long. Well, it turns out that because on that client box, there was a dead Samba mount. As you guys know, when there's a Samba mount that's timed out, or the remote machine is unavailable, any operation checking mounted partitions takes forever and eventually times out.

So... what in Amanda is checking mounted partitions on every operation, and can we limit to only the partitions we're actually backing up? :)

Graeme

--
Graeme Humphries (graeme.humphries AT vcom DOT com)
(306) 955-7075 ext. 485

My views are not the views of my employers.