Amanda-Users

Re: Problem with backup of windows shares

2005-08-24 08:16:17
Subject: Re: Problem with backup of windows shares
From: tanguy yoann <tanguy_yoann AT yahoo DOT fr>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 13:52:48 +0200 (CEST)
--- Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com> a écrit
:

> tanguy yoann wrote:
>
> >>Perhaps on the one system something other than
> >>amanda/samba
> >>prevents (or causes) this archive bit to flip.
> That
>
> You need administrator privilege on the PC to be
> able
> to reset the archive bit.  (At least I think so.
> Great ignorance of ms windows here too :-)
>

> >>would
> >>be analogous to "touch"ing a file on a unix system
> >>and
> >>making the file look like it needs backup.
> >

> > Yes, amanda use the bit archive to know who data
> > backup. I have a problem with some shares but I
> can't
> > know the value of the archive bit of these shares.
> > don't know how I can do ?
>

> smbclient '//pc/share' -U ... -W ...
> password: .....
>
> smb: \>  dir
>    Documents and Settings     D      0  Tue May  6
> 07:04:56 2003
>    Program Files             DR      0  Tue May  6
> 07:05:44 2003
>    CONFIG.SYS                 H      0  Tue May  6
> 16:19:58 2003
>    AUTOEXEC.BAT               H      0  Tue May  6
> 16:19:58 2003
>    IO.SYS                  AHSR      0  Tue May  6
> 16:19:58 2003
>    MSDOS.SYS               AHSR      0  Tue May  6
> 16:19:58 2003
>
> The "A" in the flags column is the archive bit.
>
> Verify if the "archive bit" is cleared after you did
> a level 0 backup.

Indeed, in one of my share, the archive bit is cleared
after a full backup, and in the other, it isn't
cleared. I don't understand why. There is the same
files in the two shares. It's very strange.
The same user access with smclient at the two shares.

Regards.

Yoann, TANGUY
Student at ESINSA
Sophia-Antipolis