Amanda-Users

Re: tape drive repair question

2005-08-22 09:32:30
Subject: Re: tape drive repair question
From: Guy Dallaire <clepeterd AT gmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 09:21:22 -0400
2005/8/22, Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>:
> Not strictly amanda related, but I can't
> use my amanda setup until it is resolved.
>
> I've got an HP DDS3 autoloader (SureStore 6x24) and
> need to have it serviced or do something myself.

We had a problem with a quantum DLT4500 drive a couple of years ago.
We sent it to a company called memofix. They sent us a replacement
promptly unit and the cost was affordable. The unit has not failed
since then.

Maybe they can help you.

They have a US office I think (Or you can send it to Canada on the cheap :-)

www.memofix.com