Amanda-Users

RE: tape drive repair question

2005-08-22 09:28:45
Subject: RE: tape drive repair question
From: Mike Chisholm <iqq7-tebm AT spamex DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 09:16:47 -0400
Jon,

Hi. I work for HP and unfortunately, it looks like these drives were always considered a field replaceable unit, so even when they were under warranty if you had a problem, we'd just swap out a new enclosure for you. That means there's not much in the way of internal diagnostic/troubleshooting material around on these things because the CE's never did anything but swap 'em. Oh the joys of disposable hardware...

I'll try to find someone who knows a little bit about these units and post any suggestions I get to the list, but no promises. I don't know much about them myself because I'm more of a software guy than hardware.

Mike C