Amanda-Users

Re: Not clear problem with amanda (amcheck)

2005-08-19 09:37:09
Subject: Re: Not clear problem with amanda (amcheck)
From: Сергій Котенко <kotenko AT softline.kiev DOT ua>
To: "amanda-users" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:17:03 +0300
п'ятниця, 19-сер-2005 14:42, Stefan G. Weichinger Ви написали:
> Did you compile AMANDA by yourself? If yes, show us your
> configure-options, maybe you specified a too small portrange there.
No, I use on clients and a server Gentoo Linux, amanda compiled from portage
(amanda-2.4.5) with USE flags  - "berkdb debug gdbm samba"

> Does the client run AMANDA at all? xinetd-entries, reload xinetd ...
Yes, amanda  it is started. In xinetd/amanda at me the following:
service amanda
{
        socket_type     = dgram
        protocol        = udp
        wait            = yes
        user            = amanda
        group           = amanda
        groups          = yes
        server          = /usr/libexec/amandad
}

service amandaidx
{
        socket_type     = stream
        protocol        = tcp
        wait            = no
        user            = amanda
        group           = amanda
        groups          = yes
        server          = /usr/libexec/amindexd
}

service amidxtape
{
        socket_type     = stream
        protocol        = tcp
        wait            = no
        user            = amanda
        group           = amanda
        groups          = yes
        server          = /usr/libexec/amidxtaped
}
> Does amandad get started on the client?
> Does amandad even listen on the client?
lsof | grep amanda
xinetd    17599   root    5u     IPv4           26487142                  UDP
*:amanda
xinetd    17599   root    6u     IPv4           26487143                  TCP
*:amandaidx (LISTEN)

Such on all clients, and those that are in DMZ and those what not in DMZ
--
З повагою
Сергій Котенко