Amanda-Users

Re: AMRECOVER testing

2005-07-22 10:40:35
Subject: Re: AMRECOVER testing
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:24:03 -0400
On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 09:53:46AM +0200, Paul Bijnens wrote:
> Jon LaBadie wrote:
> >On Thu, Jul 21, 2005 at 10:57:35AM -0400, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> >>On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 at 10:52am, LaValley, Brian E wrote
> >>
> >>On a server I have with *lots* of DLEs that get backed up, /tmp/amanda is
> >>13MB.  I don't worry about it.
> >
> >I daily run a script that creates a 'dated' subdirectory,
> >moves that days files to the subdir,
> >and removes the 7th oldest subdir.
>
> Amanda will clean up the debug directory itself, and uses the
> compiletime parameter AMANDA_DEBUG_DAYS for this. It defaults to 4 days.
>
> See "amadmin xx version | grep AMANDA_DEBUG_DAYS" for your amandaserver
> or in amandad.<datetime>.debug for the client definition.

Whoops, forgot about that.

I had setup my procedure before amanda timestamped the debug files
and just left it in place.  Plus, some of my wrappers add their own
files to the debug dir and amanda would not deal with them.

> Don't turn off debugging, it's for the rare cases where you don't know
> what went wrong, that you need the details.  The files are normally not
> very large.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)