Amanda-Users

AMRECOVER testing

2005-07-21 08:44:02
Subject: AMRECOVER testing
From: "LaValley, Brian E" <BLaValley AT ALLEGROMICRO DOT com>
To: "Amanda (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:29:23 -0400
I am setting up a new AMANDA install. I have had seemingly successful
backups, but when I try to restore files I get the following.

amrecover> add cpit
Added /lavalley/bin/cpit
amrecover> extract

Extracting files using tape drive 0 on host blavalley-l.
The following tapes are needed: DailySet1-A04

Restoring files into directory /home
Continue [?/Y/n]? y

Extracting files using tape drive 0 on host blavalley-l.
Load tape DailySet1-A04 now
Continue [?/Y/n/s/t]? y
EOF, check amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug file on blavalley-l.
amrecover: short block 0 bytes
UNKNOWN file
amrecover: Can't read file header
extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1
Continue [?/Y/n/r]?

The correct tape is in the drive.  I can't find the debug file it mentions.
Is there any way to test the amidxtaped daemon?  What else can I look into?
Thank you.