Amanda-Users

Re: ssh keys only

2005-07-19 10:45:36
Subject: Re: ssh keys only
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 10:47:36 -0400
On Tuesday 19 July 2005 10:06, Vicki Stanfield wrote:
>Most of our servers are accessible only via ssh with a root key.
> Does amanda work in such a setup or does the amanda user have to
> have regular login access? One of my coworkers changed one of our
> servers to only accept logins via ssh and now amanda doesn't seem
> to be able to get there and we get the following message:
>
>WARNING: /host/: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
>

>I suspect that amanda simply doesn't like not being able to log in.
> Is this accurate?
>
>Vicki

Yes, Vicki.  I haven't had to deal with that here, but perhaps someone
else has rigged an ssh script to wrap amanda up in?

You might consider shooting the co-worker :)  Better yet, offload the
problem onto the one that caused it by telling him there will be no
backups of that server until he cuts a hole in things so amanda can
continue to do her job.  Point out how valuable the info on the
server is & all that rot...

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
message by Gene Heskett are: