Amanda-Users

Re: q: amrecover, directories okay but no files

2005-04-26 16:39:42
Subject: Re: q: amrecover, directories okay but no files
From: gj <joueg AT tcd DOT ie>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 21:23:59 +0100
Sorry for the delay...I could not get access to the backup machine last week...

> > [...] sometimes although I get a "finished"
> > report on all DLEs using amcheck, the automatically mailed report would
> still
> > indicate errors of backing up some of the disk entries.
>
> Are you by any chance running into data timeout issues?  Citing the

I think you are right -- a full dump of our machines takes over 20 hours!

> relevant lines for a failed DLE from one of your amanda report mails
> would be helpful.  That would essentially mean that your GNU tar dump
> breaks off at a certain point, and would give rise more or less to the
> symptoms you describe.
Here is an excerpt (I hope I have included the helpful lines).
So from the following backup run, I had difficulties accessing *some* of the
files on the first two DLEs on mac1, and all of mac2 (which is more obvious
why)....