Amanda-Users

Re: q: amrecover, directories okay but no files

2005-04-18 02:38:12
Subject: Re: q: amrecover, directories okay but no files
From: gj <joueg AT tcd DOT ie>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 07:17:02 +0100
> How about the indexes for the questionable DLE's.
> Do they show the files you expect were in fact backed up?
> The indexes should show everything on the tape.

If indexes are the listings you get when you "ls" in "amrecover", then the
indexes seem to stop at certain subdirectories. That is, when I "ls" in the
subdirectory (listed in the index) where the file to be recovered is, I only
get a "." (no files listed even though the original machine had plenty of files
in that directory).

> You could also try amrestore, recovery everything to an
> empty directory and see if the files are there.
Okay, I'll try that.