Amanda-Users

Re: q: amrecover, directories okay but no files

2005-04-18 06:27:26
Subject: Re: q: amrecover, directories okay but no files
From: Toomas Aas <toomas.aas AT raad.tartu DOT ee>
To: gj <joueg AT tcd DOT ie>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 13:10:54 +0300
gj wrote:

If indexes are the listings you get when you "ls" in "amrecover", then the
indexes seem to stop at certain subdirectories. That is, when I "ls" in the
subdirectory (listed in the index) where the file to be recovered is, I only
get a "." (no files listed even though the original machine had plenty of files
in that directory).

Actually, indexes are files on Amanda server, in a directory specified by 'indexdir' parameter in amanda.conf. Look into these index files to see if they list all the files that they should.

The 'quite recent' version of tar may very well be a culprit. There was a discussion on this topic on the list recently and it was found that several versions of tar, such as 1.13.9x and 1.14.x are not very well compatible with Amanda. Versions 1.13.19 and 1.13.25 are the ones that are traditionally recommended on this list, also no problems have been found with version 1.15.1.

--
Toomas Aas