Amanda-Users

Amanda and Star

2005-04-25 12:21:38
Subject: Amanda and Star
From: "Bryan K. Walton" <bryanw AT weccusa DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:55:46 -0500
We have been successfully using Amanda to backup the data on our
network (comprised of both linux and windows boxes) for over a year
now.  We are using Samba with Windows ACLs on one of our servers.
Just this morning I discovered that Gnu Tar doesn't successfully
backup/restore windows acls.  And it appears that I need to be using
star instead of tar.  Can I make this change without building Amanda
from source?  We are currently using the amanda-server and
amanda-client packages from Debian testing.

Thanks!
Bryan Walton