Amanda-Users

Re: Example of amanda implement the infinite grandfather-father-son strategy dumpcycle.

2005-04-13 08:17:32
Subject: Re: Example of amanda implement the infinite grandfather-father-son strategy dumpcycle.
From: Martin Hepworth <martinh AT solid-state-logic DOT com>
To: chuck AT smtl.co DOT uk
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:32:32 +0100
Chuck

err ... no

amanda's planner will decide when to do the full dumps, based on how big/how long the dumps take.

if you want a definite archive set you need a separate config that just has a zero dumpcyle..

maxdumps 1
dumpcycle 0
runspercycle 1
tapecycle 2000 tapes ## I run this once per month so it give me lots of tapes...

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Chuck Amadi wrote:
Hi Yes I have but before I run my first test I would like confirmation
that my amanda.conf handle incremental monday to thursday and a full
backup on a friday and I will pull out the last friday of that month.

dumpcycle 1 week # Incremental weekday mon-thurs dump only runpercycle 5 # Friday Full dump and thus I will pull out for
archives(12 tapes).

tapecycle 25 # Number of tapes in circulation to be overwritten.
# NB 3 tapes for error/ampflush and one tape for cleaning purposes.

Am I on the right track.

Cheers

Chuck