Amanda-Users

splitting DLE's

2005-04-11 16:32:21
Subject: splitting DLE's
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <rzewnickie AT rfa DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 16:18:13 -0400
I know this is one of the top 10 most frequent FAQs here. I understand
the answer conceptually, but I'm having trouble with the syntax, I
guess.

/ is one filesystem. /raidion is an external raid unit. I want to split
/raidion into 2 DLEs: /raidion/home/techops and /raidion/home/*
(exlcuding /techops).

riffraff.rfa.org        /                              comp-high-tar
riffraff.rfa.org        /raidion/home/techops          comp-high-tar
riffraff.rfa.org        /raidion_HOME_REST     /raidion/home/     {
    comp-high-tar
    exclude "/raidion/home/techops"
}

amcheck doesn't like the /raidion_HOME_REST DLE at all.  What do the
fields mean when you add an inline dump-type?  What did I do wrong or
what am I not understanding from the example given in the top 10
answers?

I also have a DLE problem with windows shares backed up via smbclient.
How do I specify a directory with a space in it's name?

say I want to specify "//server/share$/directory with spaces" ...
quoting it doesn't work and \ escaping the spaces doesn't work either.
Can I use something like //server/share$/directory* ?

This is on debian sarge using the debian packages for amanda (2.4.4p3-2)
and samba (3.0.10-1).
--
Eric Dantan Rzewnicki  |  Systems Administrator
Technical Operations Division  |  Radio Free Asia