Amanda-Users

Re: splitting DLE's

2005-04-11 19:05:45
Subject: Re: splitting DLE's
From: Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <rzewnickie AT rfa DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 18:56:34 -0400
On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 11:49:20PM +0200, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
> Hi, Eric,
> on Montag, 11. April 2005 at 22:18 you wrote to amanda-users:
> EDR> riffraff.rfa.org        /raidion/home/techops          comp-high-tar
> EDR> riffraff.rfa.org        /raidion_HOME_REST     /raidion/home/     {
> EDR>     comp-high-tar
> EDR>     exclude "/raidion/home/techops"
> EDR> }
> EDR> amcheck doesn't like the /raidion_HOME_REST DLE at all.  What do the
> EDR> fields mean when you add an inline dump-type?  What did I do wrong or
> EDR> what am I not understanding from the example given in the top 10
> EDR> answers?
> The value of the option exclude has to contain the RELATIVE path to
> the DLE:
>
> riffraff.rfa.org        /raidion_HOME_REST     /raidion/home/     {
>     comp-high-tar
>     exclude "./techops"
> }

ahha. thank you very much. I had to do it like this:

riffraff.rfa.org        /raidion/home/     {
    comp-high-tar
    exclude "./techops"
}

With the /raidion_HOME_REST in there amcheck said:

ERROR: riffraff.rfa.org:/raidion_HOME_REST (/raidion/home): selfcheck does not
support device.
ERROR: riffraff.rfa.org:/raidion_HOME_REST (/raidion/home): sendsize does not
support device.
ERROR: riffraff.rfa.org:/raidion_HOME_REST (/raidion/home): sendbackup does not
support device.
ERROR: riffraff.rfa.org: [BOGUS REQUEST PACKET]

> EDR> I also have a DLE problem with windows shares backed up via smbclient.
> EDR> How do I specify a directory with a space in it's name?
> EDR> say I want to specify "//server/share$/directory with spaces" ...
> EDR> quoting it doesn't work and \ escaping the spaces doesn't work either.
> EDR> Can I use something like //server/share$/directory* ?
> (Several times in the archive):
> "Export" your windows-directory as "directory_with_underscores" ...

gah .... I'm an idiot. In this case I was trying to do everything
starting from a top level share that includes these "named with spaces"
directories, forgetting that each directory is also shared on it's own
with a "nospacename". Sorry for the noise. Thanks for jogging my memory.

> Seems to get into the top 20 soon ;-)

ok. sorry for not finding it in the archives.

--
Eric Dantan Rzewnicki  |  Systems Administrator
Technical Operations Division  |  Radio Free Asia