Amanda-Users

Re: amrestore: how this works?

2005-04-05 04:14:44
Subject: Re: amrestore: how this works?
From: Сергій Котенко <kotenko AT softline.kiev DOT ua>
To: Користувачі Amanda <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>, Toomas Aas <toomas.aas AT raad.tartu DOT ee>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 11:12:02 +0300
вівторок, 05-кві-2005 10:13 Ви написали:
> понеділок, 04-кві-2005 15:20 Ви написали:
> > Сергій Котенко wrote:
> > > And that the parameter means itself "name-of-tape-device"?
> > > It is somehow designated in amanda.conf?
> > > If it is parameter "tapedev" at me it is designated as
> > > " "file:/amandatapes/daily" " and when I do
> > > amrecover daily-s guardian-t guardian-d "file:/amandatapes/daily"
> > > amanda shows such message:
> > > AMRECOVER Version 2.4.4p3. Contacting server on guardian ...
> > > amrecover: Unexpected end of file, check amindexd*debug on server
> > > guardian What will advise now?
> >
> > If you are using virtual tapes (hard disk) then I think that the tape
> > device name should be given as:
> > guardian:file:/amandatapes/daily/
> >
> > I'm not quite sure since I don't have this kind of setup myself.
> >
> > If this doesn't help, do as amrecover recommends - check the amindexd
> > debug file on guardian. This file should be in /tmp/amanda subdirectory.
>
> It has not helped. And on a server guardian the file amindexd*debug is not
> present. And still such moment: in log files on guardian (for example,
> amandad.20050405095953.debug), is not present lines for a server tux. are
> only for guardian:
>
> amandad: time 0.001: bsd security: remote host guardian user amanda local
> user amanda
> amandad: time 0.001: amandahosts security check passed
I have found a problem (probably). From a file/etc/xinetd.d/amanda (at me
Gentoo Linux) has cleaned service kamanda (kerberos) and has added at line
only_from = a server tux. Now my file /etc/xinetd.d/amanda looks so:
service amanda
{
        socket_type     = dgram
        protocol        = udp
        wait            = yes
        user            = amanda
        group           = amanda
        groups          = yes
        server          = /usr/libexec/amandad
        only_from       = guardian tux
}

service amandaidx
{
        socket_type     = stream
        protocol        = tcp
        wait            = no
        user            = amanda
        group           = amanda
        groups          = yes
        server          = /usr/libexec/amindexd
        only_from       = guardian tux
}

service amidxtape
{
        socket_type     = stream
        protocol        = tcp
        wait            = no
        user            = amanda
        group           = amanda
        groups          = yes
        server          = /usr/libexec/amidxtaped
        only_from       = guardian tux
}

and while questions are not present :)

By the way, for a long time  wished to know... In examples service amanda (in
xinetd), for example for RedHat, I did not meet a line
only_from = server,
and in Gentoo amcheck without this line deduces a mistake. Why?
Thankful in advance for the answer.