Amanda-Users

Re: amrestore: how this works?

2005-04-05 03:23:59
Subject: Re: amrestore: how this works?
From: Сергій Котенко <kotenko AT softline.kiev DOT ua>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 10:13:35 +0300
понеділок, 04-кві-2005 15:20 Ви написали:
> Сергій Котенко wrote:
> > And that the parameter means itself "name-of-tape-device"?
> > It is somehow designated in amanda.conf?
> > If it is parameter "tapedev" at me it is designated as
> > " "file:/amandatapes/daily" " and when I do
> > amrecover daily-s guardian-t guardian-d "file:/amandatapes/daily"
> > amanda shows such message:
> > AMRECOVER Version 2.4.4p3. Contacting server on guardian ...
> > amrecover: Unexpected end of file, check amindexd*debug on server
> > guardian What will advise now?
>
> If you are using virtual tapes (hard disk) then I think that the tape
> device name should be given as:
> guardian:file:/amandatapes/daily/
>
> I'm not quite sure since I don't have this kind of setup myself.
>
> If this doesn't help, do as amrecover recommends - check the amindexd
> debug file on guardian. This file should be in /tmp/amanda subdirectory.
It has not helped. And on a server guardian the file amindexd*debug is not
present. And still such moment: in log files on guardian (for example,
amandad.20050405095953.debug), is not present lines for a server tux. are
only for guardian:

amandad: time 0.001: bsd security: remote host guardian user amanda local user
amanda
amandad: time 0.001: amandahosts security check passed