Amanda-Users

backup suddenly not working on server

2005-04-04 15:44:49
Subject: backup suddenly not working on server
From: Jeanne Case <jdcase AT stmarys-ca DOT edu>
To: amanda -users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 12:33:53 -0700
I have had amanda running on a server for over a year. It backs up itself and another machine. Suddenly last week it stops backing up itself. I do not recall making any changes on this server. It is a multihomed server running SuSE 9.0.

I did go to the FAQ-o-Matic and tried all the suggestions there, no joy.

The amcheck returns:

WARNING: home2.my.domain: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
Client check: 2 hosts checked in 29.919 seconds, 1 problem found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.p2)

Yes, /tmp/amanda is writable. Suggestions?

-JD.Case