Amanda-Users

Difference between amrecover and amrestore

2005-04-05 06:53:12
Subject: Difference between amrecover and amrestore
From: Сергій Котенко <kotenko AT softline.kiev DOT ua>
To: Користувачі Amanda <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 13:46:04 +0300
Greetings to all. Explain, please, in what a difference between commands
amrecover and amrestore? Why there was such question? I tried to make
restoration of data (has made amdump, has then removed one file and has tried
to restore it) by means of amrecover, but it to me has told that such file is
not present!!! That, amrecover takes only existing files?!?! And how in
general correctly to make restoration of data???
Prompt please. In advance I apologize:
1) for the my english
2) for bad knowledge amanda, I the beginner
Thankful in advance for the answer.