Amanda-Users

Re: amflush problem

2004-10-14 17:53:20
Subject: Re: amflush problem
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Frederic Medery <dist-list AT LEXUM.UMontreal DOT CA>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:50:22 -0500
--On Thursday, October 14, 2004 15:16:31 -0400 Frederic Medery <dist-list AT
LEXUM.UMontreal DOT CA> wrote:

> I can confirm that all my dumps are inside the directory

OK, perhaps amflush  thinks amdump is still running.  Try
running 'amcleanup config', if it says it did anything then
some previous amdump didn't exit cleanly. If it says there's
nothing to process then that wasn't the problem and you'll
need to keep looking.
   Is anything written to Amanda's log directory (or system
logs, for that matter) when you run amflush?

Frank

> Frederic Medery
> System Administrator
>
> LexUM, University of Montreal
>

> Frank Smith wrote:
>
>> --On Thursday, October 14, 2004 13:12:22 -0400 Frederic Medery <dist-list AT
>> LEXUM.UMontreal DOT CA> wrote:
>>

>>> Here is my amflush command :
>>> Scanning /amanda/daily...
>>>  20040823: found Amanda directory.
>>>  20040910: found Amanda directory.
>>>  20041012: found Amanda directory.
>>>
>>> Multiple Amanda directories, please pick one by letter:
>>>  A. 20040823
>>>  B. 20040910
>>>  C. 20041012
>>> Select directories to flush [A..C]: [ALL]
>>>

>>> As you can see I saw the dump I can flush, The prob occure with each dump
>>>

>> Just because the directory is there doesn't mean anything is in it.  What
>> does an 'ls -lR' of one of those directories show?  Sometimes Amanda doesn't
>> properly clean up the holdingdisk. The directory only gets removed if its
>> completely empty and sometimes there are 0 byte chunks left behind if a
>> client backup fails.  Amflush isn't too smart and just looks for the dated
>> directories to ask you about but then doesn't have anything to actually
>> write to tape if you pick one.
>>
>> Frank
>>

>>> Frederic Medery
>>> System Administrator

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673