Amanda-Users

Re: Dell PowerVault 122T

2004-09-26 09:37:36
Subject: Re: Dell PowerVault 122T
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: "amanda-users AT amanda DOT org" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 09:29:27 -0400
On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 12:43:34AM -0500, Jason Miller wrote:
> Just a update, I got it working correctly. Thanks everyone that helped point
> me in the right direction. This is a lot simpler then I thought.. Was just
> making it too hard. Ended up being the Dell PowerVault 122T needs to be
> terminated for it to function properly. Cannot explain why I was able to run
> the dd command and it work but anyhow thought I would fill you in. Also for
> those that are not aware it also needs to have the *unix OS setup to support
> multi-lun's as well as your SCSI Card in the bios of it for the ID you have
> it setup for. You can accomplish getting the OS to see the multi-luns two
> different ways, the simplest is by using the below command. Or you can just
> recompile the kernel to support it, I would suggest of course the latter to
> make it permanent and not adding it to your /etc/rc.d/rc.local file but that
> is just me.
>
> echo "scsi-add-single-device a b c d" > /proc/scsi/scsi
>
>  a == hostadapter id (first one being 0)
>           b == SCSI channel on hostadapter (first one being 0)
>           c == ID
>           d == LUN (first one being 0)

Glad you got things working.

Just a generic comment to all posters.

Few of us remember which OS a poster is using.

And the administration of the OS is one of the
biggest differences when moving among unix, and
unix-like OS's.  When giving comments about
"the way to do something" it is always a good
idea to qualify "on such and such OS".

(: You might even say the OS version and a
   level of uncertainty that there may be
   other ways, but this worked for me :)
 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)