Amanda-Users

Dell PowerVault 122T

2004-09-26 01:53:34
Subject: Dell PowerVault 122T
From: Jason Miller <jwm AT interlinc DOT net>
To: Eric Siegerman <erics AT telepres DOT com>, "amanda-users AT amanda DOT org" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 00:43:34 -0500
Just a update, I got it working correctly. Thanks everyone that helped point
me in the right direction. This is a lot simpler then I thought.. Was just
making it too hard. Ended up being the Dell PowerVault 122T needs to be
terminated for it to function properly. Cannot explain why I was able to run
the dd command and it work but anyhow thought I would fill you in. Also for
those that are not aware it also needs to have the *unix OS setup to support
multi-lun's as well as your SCSI Card in the bios of it for the ID you have
it setup for. You can accomplish getting the OS to see the multi-luns two
different ways, the simplest is by using the below command. Or you can just
recompile the kernel to support it, I would suggest of course the latter to
make it permanent and not adding it to your /etc/rc.d/rc.local file but that
is just me.

echo "scsi-add-single-device a b c d" > /proc/scsi/scsi

 a == hostadapter id (first one being 0)
          b == SCSI channel on hostadapter (first one being 0)
          c == ID
          d == LUN (first one being 0)

Again appreciate the help.
Jason