Amanda-Users

Still hoping for answer for amanda port usage

2004-09-15 15:32:03
Subject: Still hoping for answer for amanda port usage
From: KEVIN ZEMBOWER <KZEMBOWE AT jhuccp DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 15:28:21 -0400
The discussion's petered out on my request for which ports to ask the firewall
administrator to open to allow amanda to work through our firewall, but I'm
still hoping for an answer, as I still can't come up with one myself. There was
one comment that ports 10080-10083 are fixed, no matter what
--with-???portrange switches are used. Is this fact or fiction?

In the spirit of re-phrasing the question, can anyone help me complete the
following sentence to my firewall administrator:
Please open port numbers ____ through ____ for [UDP|TCP|both] packets [from|to]
my tapehost (inside fw) [to|from] my client(s).

That sentence may have to be completed more than once for each different range,
protocol or direction.

Thanks, again, for any help.

-Kelvin

-----