Amanda-Users

Multiple tapes

2004-09-14 17:02:26
Subject: Multiple tapes
From: "Charlie Grosvenor" <charlie AT cgrosvenor.co DOT uk>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:58:46 +0100
I want to use Amanda to backup my machines, if I backup everything it will
take up three tapes. I do not have a tape changer and therefore need to
change the tapes manually this works fine with chg-manual, except I cannot
start the backup with a cron job. What I would like to happen is to schedule
the backup to run at 12:00am and then when the next tape is required it
sends me an email, then I put the next one in and it carries on, or even
better it carries on where it left of the next night.

Is this possible? if so how?