Amanda-Users

Re: amanda with files

2004-09-09 09:44:27
Subject: Re: amanda with files
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 09:42:35 -0400
On Thursday 09 September 2004 03:12, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>Hi, Gene Heskett,
>
>on Donnerstag, 09. September 2004 at 04:51 you wrote to
> amanda-users:
>
>GH> Greetings Stefan;
>
>GH> I think I've made some progress and the remaining problem
>GH> is my inability to label the vtapes.  I think...
>
>GH> I've combined the scripts in your howto, so that its all in
>GH> one in case one should have to restart, and it comes in handy
>GH> right now since there is nothing precious to lose if I run it
>GH> several times in a row.
>
>GH> Here is that script:
>GH> -------------mkamandatapes------------
>GH> amlabel DailySet1 DailySet1-${n} slot slot${n}
>
>Usage: amlabel [-f] <conf> <label> [slot <slot-number>]
>
>Should be
>
>amlabel DailySet1 DailySet1-${n} slot ${n}
>
>AFAI see.
>
>(So that it expands to:
>
>amlabel DailySet1 DailySet1-01 slot 1
>
>Still don't know if these leading "0" doesn't bite you, too.)
>
>Note my comments and changes in the other thread, too.

I rebuilt it with my backup of the config, and started from scratch
on the rest of it.  What I was missing in the amanda.conf was the
line 'changerdev'.  I got that from reading the chg-disk src comments.
I don't think thats in your HOWTO, or I'm going blind in my old age.

And, I have it all working with this 'mkvtapes' script:
----------mkvtapes, cut here-----------
#!/bin/sh
rm -fR /amandatapes/Dailys
rm -f /usr/local/etc/amanda/Daily/tapelist
touch /usr/local/etc/amanda/Daily/tapelist
for n in 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
do
mkdir -p /amandatapes/Dailys/slot${n}
chmod -v 750 /amandatapes/Dailys/slot${n}
rm -f /amandatapes/Dailys/data
ln -s /amandatapes/Dailys/slot${n} /amandatapes/Dailys/data
amlabel Daily Dailys-${n} slot ${n}
done
rm /amandatapes/Dailys/data
ln -s /amandatapes/Dailys/slot01 /amandatapes/Dailys/data
echo
echo slot dirs made
echo
ls -lR
---------EOF-----------
And it all runs in about 5 or 6 seconds!

Now, needless to say, I'm going to remove the exec bits on that puppy.

Oh, and you were half right on the 00 01 thing, amlabel upchucks on the
00, but works just fine on a range of 01-30.  Which is puzzling because
the rest of amanda seems to run on the base 0 numbering system.  Bug?
Dunno, & its now moot.

Now I have to go fix my wrapper scripts for the name changes & re-enable
amanda in her cron.conf.  Tonight should be a real doozy as its been
since back in June that the last backup was done.

Now, my question is: how does that 'data' link get replaced when the
'changer' is advanced?  Do I need to add that to my wraper scripts?

Thanks Stefan.  You really did save a lot of time in re-inventing
this.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: