Amanda-Users

RE: Where is my amgetidx?

2004-09-09 09:28:48
Subject: RE: Where is my amgetidx?
From: Simon Hildrew <simon.hildrew AT yolus DOT com>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 14:25:43 +0100
Thanks Jon!

Solved that PDQ.  As you said, by running amadmin I could get what it had
parsed my configuration file as.

It turns out that having "index yes" in my global dumptype is not enough -
this gets ignored.  Moving the index yes into each of the types individually
works fine.  Now feeling slightly sheepish on not having tried this first.
[In my defense the box has a SCSI issue that causes it to crash so I've been
trying to fix that instead...]

I've been subscribed to this list for a while and I'm always impressed at
the helpfulness :-)

Is this a possible bug then, since the comment for global dumptype uses
"index yes" as an example?

Thanks again,

Simon