Amanda-Users

Re: tape changer status

2004-07-23 16:40:02
Subject: Re: tape changer status
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: nina AT gibbons DOT com
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 22:35:17 +0200
Nina Pham wrote:

hi, our backup didn't run the day before because our server crashed on that day. So last night when backup is running, it suppose to stored data in dailyset2, but it stored data in dailyset1 since it din't get run the day before and the file changer.stat say curslot 1 and curloaded 1. So tonight, it will store data in dailyset2, instead of dailyset3, I want to change the curslot to 2 and curloaded to 2, but the file changer.stat say DO NOT EDIT. What can I do so that backup is running in the right order, meaning running dailyset3 today, and dailyset4 tommorow, and soforth?

amtape config slot prev

But I don't think that's needed.
What does amcheck say?  Will it really skip dailyset2?
If yes, then you probably have your tapecycle not correct.