Amanda-Users

Re: tape changer status

2004-07-23 16:31:18
Subject: Re: tape changer status
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 16:24:09 -0400
On Friday 23 July 2004 14:36, Nina Pham wrote:
>hi, our backup didn't run the day before because our server crashed
> on that day. So last night when backup is running, it suppose to
> stored data in dailyset2, but it stored data in dailyset1 since it
> din't get run the day before and the file changer.stat  say curslot
> 1 and curloaded 1. So tonight, it will store data in dailyset2,
> instead of dailyset3, I want to change the curslot to 2 and
> curloaded to 2, but the file changer.stat say DO NOT EDIT. What can
> I do so that backup is running in the right order, meaning running
> dailyset3 today, and dailyset4 tommorow, and soforth?
>
>Thanks

This is what happens when one tries to bend/kajole or otherwise
convince amanda to stick to a schedule.  Its immediatly broken on the
first hardware hiccup.  It can be fixed, by marking the tape you want
skipped as 'noreuse', but I'm not sure what amanda will do when you
put it back in circulation.  Most of use look at that as amanda
showing us a better way since her scheduleer is pretty decent
overall, and ignore any thoughts of trying to mold her back into our
'routine' way of thinking about backups.

There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.
Soap, ballot, jury, and ammo.
Please use in that order, starting now.  -Ed Howdershelt, Author
Additions to this message made by Gene Heskett are Copyright 2004,
Maurice E. Heskett, all rights reserved.