Amanda-Users

Three tape set backup policy

2004-06-22 12:09:17
Subject: Three tape set backup policy
From: Rodrigo Filgueira <rfilgue AT cinterfor.org DOT uy>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:58:28 -0300
Hi there everybody,

I'm trying to define sets for the following  backup policy:

- 12 tapes: one for each start of month
- 5 tapes: one for each end of week (Friday)
- 4 tapes: Monday to Thursday.

I've defined three diferent configs, Monthly, Weekly and Daily. W and D are working without a problem, but Monthly is generally done some day between Monday and Friday. I get the following report whith 0 bytes backed up, I suspect it has something to do with Daily or Weekly having been run the same day.

Any help will be gratly appreciated.

The dumps were flushed to tape Monthly-1.
The next tape Amanda expects to use is: a new tape.

STATISTICS:
                         Total       Full      Daily
                       --------   --------   --------
Estimate Time (hrs:min)    0:00
Run Time (hrs:min)         0:00
Dump Time (hrs:min)        0:00       0:00       0:00
Output Size (meg)           0.0        0.0        0.0
Original Size (meg)         0.0        0.0        0.0
Avg Compressed Size (%) -- -- -- Filesystems Dumped 0 0 0 Avg Dump Rate (k/s) -- -- --
Tape Time (hrs:min)        0:00       0:00       0:00
Tape Size (meg)             0.0        0.0        0.0
Tape Used (%)               0.0        0.0        0.0
Filesystems Taped             0          0          0
Avg Tp Write Rate (k/s) -- -- --

NOTES:
 taper: tape Monthly-1 kb 0 fm 0 [OK]

DUMP SUMMARY:
DUMPER STATS TAPER STATS HOSTNAME DISK L ORIG-KB OUT-KB COMP% MMM:SS KB/s MMM:SS KB/s
-------------------------- --------------------------------- ------------
localhost    /etc          NO FILE TO FLUSH -----------------------------
localhost    /export       NO FILE TO FLUSH -----------------------------
localhost    /home         NO FILE TO FLUSH -----------------------------
localhost    -dbase_back   NO FILE TO FLUSH -----------------------------
localhost    /usr/local    NO FILE TO FLUSH -----------------------------
localhost    /var/named    NO FILE TO FLUSH -----------------------------
localhost    /var/sympa    NO FILE TO FLUSH -----------------------------
webdev       -ort/htdocs   NO FILE TO FLUSH -----------------------------
webdev       -ort/httest   NO FILE TO FLUSH -----------------------------
webdev       -/.sitecopy   NO FILE TO FLUSH -----------------------------
webdev       -sc_reports   NO FILE TO FLUSH -----------------------------
webdev       -dbase_back   NO FILE TO FLUSH -----------------------------

(brought to you by Amanda version 2.4.2p2)

Rodrigo Filgueira Prates
IT@CINTERFOR/OIT
http://www.cinterfor.org.uy