Amanda-Users

Re: Multiple NICs

2004-06-04 19:38:58
Subject: Re: Multiple NICs
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 19:36:13 -0400
On Friday 04 June 2004 13:54, Dege, Robert C. wrote:
>Thank you all for the prompt replies.  I was hoping that this would
> be a simple task of telling amanda what interface to communicate
> on.  But because I have 2 interfaces on the same subnet, this
> forces me to alter how the system itself routes data using the 2
> interfaces.
>
>Right now, the system is currently in use by the company, so I can't
> start futzing with the networking on the machine.  Instead, I'm
> going to keep this on the back-burner for a later time.
>
>-Rob

Humm, a 'service network restart' only takes a couple of seconds per
NIC, and you should always make a backup of any file you modify
before you modify it just so the recovery is as simple as mv'ing the
original back, and doing a restart.  Theres a fair chance nobody will
notice unless you have to resort to the recover and restart.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: