Amanda-Users

Multiple NICs

2004-06-02 14:12:22
Subject: Multiple NICs
From: "Dege, Robert C." <robert.dege AT ngc DOT com>
To: "Amanda List (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 10:35:27 -0700
Hello,

Our amanda server has 2 NICs in it, each with separate IPs.  We're running
2.4.22 kernel, RedHat 9, Amanda 2.4.4p1.

We'd like to back up a particular machine over the second NIC exclusively; is
there a way to do that?  We want our 1 NIC to be dedicated for NFS, and the
other NIC to be dedicated for Amanda traffic.

Both NICs on the server are on the same subnet, and the IP of our client
systems are on that subnet as well.

Any hints, suggestions, or "point me at some docs" are appreciated.

Thanks!

-Rob