Amanda-Users

Changing tape sizes

2004-06-02 17:35:30
Subject: Changing tape sizes
From: Anthony Valentine <amv AT sbsalaska DOT com>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 13:28:58 -0800
Hello everyone!

I've been using 10GB DLT tapes for my Amanda setup, however, they are
getting old so I am replacing them.  I saw no point in trying to find
10GB tapes, so I've purchased 40GB tapes instead.

I have been replacing them one at a time the day before they are to be
overwritten, and I am almost done with the entire set.

Currently, because of the legacy 10GB tape capacity, Amanda thinks that
all of my tapes are only 10GB.  When I have finished replacing all of
the tapes, is there any issue with telling Amanda that the tapes are
40GB?

That is, is there anything specific that I have to do or will Amanda
just start using the extra capacity?

Thanks in advance!

Anthony Valentine