Amanda-Users

Re: MapBarCode error

2004-06-01 13:45:37
Subject: Re: MapBarCode error
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:42:45 -0400
On Tuesday 01 June 2004 13:00, Dege, Robert C. wrote:
>The -genconf did identify my two tape drives, however, it only
> produced a single config.  It also didn't generate any information
> for the amanda.conf file, only the chg-scsi.conf file.
>
>Here is the output:
>
># ~/libexec/chg-scsi bash$ ./chg-scsi -genconf
>Count 1
>Count 2
># Please replace every ??? with the correct parameter. It is not
> possible # to guess everything :-)
># If the option is not needed, cleanmax for example if you have no
> cleaning # tape remove the line.
>#
>number_configs   1   # Number of configs, you can have more than 1
> config # if you have for example more than one drive, or you # to
> split your lib to use different dump levels #
>emubarcode       1   # If you drive has no barcode reader this will
> try # keep an inventory of your tapes to find them faster #
>havebarcode      0   # Set this to 1 if you have an library with an
> installed # barcode reader

Both of these are triggered to on by the meer presense of the keyword.
A bug in amanda?  :( Maybe.
>                     #
>debuglevel       0:0 # For debuging, see the docs /docs/TAPE-CHANGER
>                     #
>eject            ??? # set this to 1 if your drive needs an eject
> before move #
>sleep            ??? # How long to wait after an eject command
> before moving # the tape
>                     #
>changerdev   /dev/sg0 # This is the device to communicate with the
> robot #
>                     # Here now comes the config for the first tape
>config             0 # This value is the one which is used in the
> amanda # config file to tell the chg-scsi programm which tape # and
> which slots to use

You can probably use the second drive by clipping the first config,
pasting it back in after a 'config 1' line added below the existing
content, and change the drive to the second drive as reported by
dmesg.  Don't forget to change the number_configs to show an
additional config is available.

I'm not sure what else might be required, never having had the
pleasure of a large multi-drive library here. :(

>                     #
>cleancart        ??? # The slot where the cleaning tape is located
>                     # remove it if you have no cleaning tape
>                     #
>drivenum           0 # Which tape drive to use if there are more
> than one drive #
>dev              ??? # Which is the raw device to read/write data
> from the tape # It is important to use the non rewinding tape, like
> # /dev/nrst0 on linux, /dev/nrsa0 on BSD .... #
>startuse          0  # Which is the first slot to use
>                     #
>enduse            24  # Which is the last slot to use
>                     # decrement this value by 1 if you have an
>                     # cleaning tape in the last slot
>                     #
Your library holds 25 tapes?  Amanda runs in base zero, so slot 24
would be the 25th slot.