Amanda-Users

Re: *OS X* disk offline error

2004-06-01 13:17:06
Subject: Re: *OS X* disk offline error
From: gen2 <gen2 AT planetofidiots DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 10:14:07 -0700
That makes perfect sense, thanks. Basically, whatever version of dump lives on
the target host is what defines capabilities in this regard. So still, I'd be
limited to, say, ext2/3 filesystems if I tried to use linux dump.
Unfortunately this works against solving my problem!

I'm trying to use amanda to back up mostly linux and bsd, which works
great...but also have some winXP boxes (which I know I can backup using
amanda/samba) and some OS X units.

New question, same error:

I've got xtar running on osx boxes, and it works well with amanda AFAICT. The
only problem is that I get the "disk ... offline" error when trying to backup
any files on mounted volumes (non-root drives).

osx1 /Users standard

Works fine

osx1 /Volumes/hfs-mounted-part standard

Gives the "disk offline" error (the hfs-mounted-part is a mounted/functioning
hfs or hfs+ partition from an attached drive).

The mounted external volume contains a mac OS9 partition, so I'm hoping to
sweep all the backups using just amanda (lofty goal, that!! But so nice if it
would work...)

Thanks!