Amanda-Users

RE: MapBarCode error

2004-06-01 13:07:59
Subject: RE: MapBarCode error
From: "Dege, Robert C." <robert.dege AT ngc DOT com>
To: "'gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net'" <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 10:00:39 -0700
The -genconf did identify my two tape drives, however, it only produced a
single config.  It also didn't generate any information for the amanda.conf
file, only the chg-scsi.conf file.

Here is the output:

# ~/libexec/chg-scsi bash$ ./chg-scsi -genconf
Count 1
Count 2
# Please replace every ??? with the correct parameter. It is not possible
# to guess everything :-)
# If the option is not needed, cleanmax for example if you have no cleaning
# tape remove the line.
#
number_configs   1   # Number of configs, you can have more than 1 config
                     # if you have for example more than one drive, or you
                     # to split your lib to use different dump levels
                     #
emubarcode       1   # If you drive has no barcode reader this will try
                     # keep an inventory of your tapes to find them faster
                     #
havebarcode      0   # Set this to 1 if you have an library with an installed
                     # barcode reader
                     #
debuglevel       0:0 # For debuging, see the docs /docs/TAPE-CHANGER
                     #
eject            ??? # set this to 1 if your drive needs an eject before move
                     #
sleep            ??? # How long to wait after an eject command before moving
                     # the tape
                     #
changerdev   /dev/sg0 # This is the device to communicate with the robot
                     #
                     # Here now comes the config for the first tape
config             0 # This value is the one which is used in the amanda
                     # config file to tell the chg-scsi programm which tape
                     # and which slots to use
                     #
cleancart        ??? # The slot where the cleaning tape is located
                     # remove it if you have no cleaning tape
                     #
drivenum           0 # Which tape drive to use if there are more than one drive
                     #
dev              ??? # Which is the raw device to read/write data from the tape
                     # It is important to use the non rewinding tape, like
                     # /dev/nrst0 on linux, /dev/nrsa0 on BSD ....
                     #
startuse          0  # Which is the first slot to use
                     #
enduse            24  # Which is the last slot to use
                     # decrement this value by 1 if you have an
                     # cleaning tape in the last slot
                     #
statfile /mnt/raid/amanda/libexec/tape0-slot #
cleanfile /mnt/raid/amanda/libexec/tape0-clean #
usagecount /mnt/raid/amanda/libexec/tape0-totaltime #
tapestatus /mnt/raid/amanda/libexec/tape0-tapestatus #
labelfile /mnt/raid/amanda/libexec/labelfile #