Amanda-Users

Re: Reporting Question

2004-03-26 09:50:13
Subject: Re: Reporting Question
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:46:12 -0500
On Friday 26 March 2004 08:59, Thomas Brand wrote:
>Hi amanda users
>
>I receive reports from our amanda backup system every day by mail:
>
>----
>
>DUMP SUMMARY:
>                                      DUMPER STATS            TAPER
> STATS HOSTNAME     DISK        L ORIG-KB OUT-KB COMP% MMM:SS  KB/s
> MMM:SS  KB/s --------------------------
> --------------------------------- ------------ pserver01    /etc
>     1    1150    160  13.9   0:00 392.9   N/A   N/A pserver01
> /var        1   40490  12480  30.8   0:49 253.9   N/A   N/A
> pserver01    -up/cvs/etc 1    1590    192  12.1   0:00 493.0   N/A
>  N/A pserver01    -p/cvs/home 0   67910  24448  36.0   1:26 283.2
> N/A   N/A ....
>
>----

Sorry, my word wrap wrecked the above.

>is there a way to customize the reporting format? For example it
> would be nice to have the full name of the disks, not just the last
> part.
>
>I see two possible solutions (please correct me) to achieve this.
>
>a) the reporting format can be customized in a corresponding
> template b) the reporting is done in xml; customized formatting is
> done with xslt by the user

There is a formatting string in your amanda.conf that you can adjust.
You can adjust the width of the individual fields to your likeing.
Its likely it will not be printable after adding enough room for full
names, I think I quit adding space when it got to 131 characters.
However it still reads just fine in my 1600x1200 screen.

>Any comments aprreciated.
>
>Kinde regards,
>
>Thomas Brand
><http://puzzle.ch>