Amanda-Users

Re: amoverview; history database

2004-03-25 10:01:25
Subject: Re: amoverview; history database
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:58:16 -0500
On Thursday 25 March 2004 08:14, Urs Forster wrote:
>Hi
>
>When using amoverview I get a wide output (more than 3 month).
>This is not readable and anyway the data is obsolete, I only work on
> a cycle of 5 days.
>
>How can I purge old data from the history?
>
>Cheers
>Urs

Good question perhaps.  Here, its quite wide, but the dates coincide
with the number of tapes in my tapecycle of 28.  That seems to be a
reasonable display.  What is your tapecycle set to?

As far as purging old history in the indexes and such, amanda does
that automaticly, removing that which would refer to what was on a
tape that has been re-written, therefore rendering that data moot.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
by Gene Heskett are: