Amanda-Users

Re: amoverview; history database

2004-03-25 09:24:08
Subject: Re: amoverview; history database
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Urs Forster <forster AT bluemail DOT ch>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:19:24 +0100
Urs Forster wrote:

When using amoverview I get a wide output (more than 3 month).
This is not readable and anyway the data is obsolete, I only work on a cycle
of 5 days.

This is an indication that you do have somewhere some backup
that dates that long ago.  Probably on the holdingdisk or so.

You can find out which one:

amadmin ConFig find | sort | head

How can I purge old data from the history?

If you find out that that tape or holdingdisk file is really not
available, you could do:

amadmin Config delete hostname diskname

but this deletes ALL the information about that host/disk
(and if the disk is still in the disklist file, the disk will get a
level 0 backup next time!)

If it is only one specific entry that you want to delete
you could do some careful surgery on the curinfo files:

  ~amanda/ConFig/curinfo/host/_disk_name/info

they are plain text files, so you can delete the "stats"
line that you want to get rid of. (the "stats" line is the line
that shows on which tape/holdingdiskfile the backup is).