Amanda-Users

Re: Missing amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug files

2004-03-23 16:01:55
Subject: Re: Missing amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug files
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Uwe Beger <Uwe.Beger AT unixprojekt DOT de>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:57:39 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 at 9:19pm, Uwe Beger wrote

> Due to a server reboot I lost several of my amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug
> files.
> Therefore I have some problems while recovering of some files now:

Debug files are created when you do the recovery, they are not needed
*for* recovery.

> output_of_amrecover $
> Extracting files using tape drive /dev/nst0 on host ultra.
> Load tape check001 now
> Continue [?/Y/n/s/t]? Y
> EOF, check amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug file on ultra.
> amrecover: short block 0 bytes
> UNKNOWN file
> amrecover: Can't read file header

This should have created an amidxtaped*debug file on ultra.  What are it's
contents?

> Can somebody shed some light on this? What's the recommended way to extract
> the requested files?

If you can't get amrecover to work, there's always amrestore or just
plain mt and dd.  See docs/RESTORE for all the details.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering