Amanda-Users

Re: Firewall and Portrange Settings

2004-03-19 11:09:32
Subject: Re: Firewall and Portrange Settings
From: "Barry A. Trent" <btrent AT triticom DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:02:50 -0600
Thanks for all the help and comments. I have started using the
ip_conntrack_amanda module in my iptables setup and that seems to work
fine.

The issue of stock packages vs. personalized compiles is an interesting
philosophical debate I'd rather not get into at this point. Both
approaches have their merits, and both are appropriate under certain
circumstances. I prefer to use stock packages where they provide enough
power and flexibility to solve the problem at hand. The combination of
amanda, iptables, and ip_conntrack_amanda does that for me in this case. I
understand that YMMV.

Thanks again to all.