Amanda-Users

Re: *Slow* amrestore

2004-03-11 15:02:28
Subject: Re: *Slow* amrestore
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Gerhard den Hollander <gdenhollander AT fugro-jason DOT com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:00:16 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 at 8:34pm, Gerhard den Hollander wrote

> I am assuming the disk you are writing to, the machine the tape drive is
> attached to and the machine on which the amrestore is running are all the
> same ?

Yep.

> If not, your network might be the bottleneck.

I was originally doing this via amrecover, and thought that may be it.
Thus I switched to amrestore writing to a local disk.

> If it is, check your syslog (usually /var/log/messages /var/log/allmessages)
> and look if there is anything weird.
>
> Is the disk you are writing to OK ?

Nothing strange in the syslog at all, and the disk is plenty quick.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering